How To Treat Burns
First aid management for minor burns with Burnaid® gel:
Burns need fast, effective treatment. There are many misconceptions about correct first aid treatment. The good news is, it’s easy. Here’s our simple 3-step guide to first aid for burns.
1. Stop the burning process
- Consider your own safety first and stop the source of the burn.
- If you are on fire: Stop. Drop and roll along the ground to smother the fire.
- If it’s an electrical burn: If possible, turn off the power using something dry and non-conductive like a wooden broom handle.
- If it’s a chemical burn: Remove the burning agent and irrigate with water.
RUN COLD WATER
2. Run cold water
- Place burn under running cold water for 20 minutes. Yes 20 minutes. Not 2 minutes, not 5 minutes, but the full 20 minutes. It does feels like a long time but will make a difference to the recovery and treatment of your burn.
- Remove all jewellery, watches and clothing (if not stuck to the burn site) once cooling has commenced.
- Do not use ice, butter, toothpaste, creams or ointments. These can make things worse.
COOL WITH BURNAID
3. Cool with Burnaid®
- Apply Burnaid® gel liberally to the affected area, including blisters if present. DO NOT RUB.
- Repeat every half hour as necessary.
- Cover with a clean dressing
- Please seek medical assistance if: Clothing is stuck to the burn site or the burn is bigger than a 20c piece or has blisters.
Active ingredient – Melaleuca Oil 40 mg/g
Contains triclosan as a preservative.