Clinicians BoneCare Complete 120 capsules
BoneCare Complete Benefits
- Includes key nutrients to help promote stronger bones
- Bioactive calcium increases absorption, independent of stomach acid status, as acid levels decline with age and impact on mineral absorption
- Vitamins D and K, magnesium, boron, manganese, zinc and trace minerals assist with calcium absorption and bone health
- Formulated to assist with bone health
- Ideal as a long term calcium supplement
- BoneCare Complete Features
- Includes unique trace elements to support bone formation
- Features high potency calcium and magnesium in a balanced 2:1 ratio
- High quality vegetable capsule ensures greater protection of encapsulated nutrients.
- Contains plant-derived calcium and trace elements for greater bioavailability and absorption
- Bones are made up of hard, extremely dense connective tissue that is constantly rebuilding itself in order to maintain a balance between bone formation and bone loss. As such, skeletal tissue relies on the correct supply and balance of nutrients on a daily basis in order to maintain a healthy bone density. As we age, bone formation begins to decline causing bones to weaken and become porous, leading to a gradual loss of bone. Normally, there is a decline in bone mass after the age of 40 in both men and women.
- Food and population studies indicate that most people are not getting enough calcium from their diet, particularly women. A large body of evidence spanning over two decades has confirmed that high calcium intakes reduce age-related bone loss. For New Zealanders the daily intake of calcium is thought to average about 850mg per day. While these estimates are higher than American and Canadian statistics of 600mg/day they still fall short of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of 1200-1300mg/day for men and women over the age of 50.
- Research has shown that mineral nutrition for healthy bones depends on more than just calcium; magnesium, trace minerals and certain vitamins also play a vital role in effective mineral fortification. Clinicians Bone Care Complete contains a unique ingredient called Aquamin™ a mineralized seaweed that is rich in bioactive calcium. Aquamin™ also contains a number of other minerals including magnesium, boron, copper, manganese, silicon and zinc - all of which play an important role in maintaining strong bones. In addition to Aquamin™, Clinicians Bone Care Complete contains magnesium a macro mineral thought to be as important as calcium for bone health. Daily supplementation with 250mg or more of magnesium can help increase bone mineral density. The trace minerals boron, manganese and zinc positively affect bone health in a number of ways. For example, boron reduces urinary loss of calcium and magnesium and converts vitamin D to its active form. Manganese acts as a cofactor for a number of enzymes involved in healthy bone and cartilage tissue and zinc aids in bone formation and collagen synthesis. The fat soluble vitamins D and K enhance calcium absorption, increase bone formation and help reduce the risk of fractures. The vast array of nutrients in Clinicians Bone Care Complete can help address dietary insufficiencies, body acidity and bone health.
- Adult: 2 capsules twice a day with food
Active Ingredients in each vegetable capsule:
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
Vitamin K1 (phytomenadione)
Boron (from boron citrate)
Calcium (from Lithothamnion corallioides)
Magnesium (from magnesium citrate)
Manganese (form manganese amino acid chelate)
Zinc (from zinc amino acid chelate)
Aquamin also contains: nutrients involved in bone health, typically consisting of the following per capsule: Boron 12mcg, Copper 2mcg, Iodine 12mcg, Iron 250mcg, Magnesium 9mg, Manganese 27mcg, Potassium 1.7mg, Silicon 0.5mg, Sodium 1.2mg, Strontium 0.7mg, Sulfur 2.2mg, Zinc 5mcg.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, artificial colours or preservatives.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Avoid use during pregnancy due to the vitamin K content, if additional bone support is required during pregnancy or breastfeeding Clinicians Bone Essentials may be used.
Clinicians products support rather than compete with modern medicines. As medicines can deplete nutrients in the body, it was important to develop nutritional products that replenish the nutrients lost. Clinicians products, if taken on a regular basis, can also reduce the dependency on modern medicines.
Back in 1997, two pharmacists - Mike Cushman and Denis Kay - came to realise that the current pharmaceutical model was limited. Simply put, it couldn’t provide the total answer to delivering wellness for their customers. Mike and Denis researched general and specific conditions to understand key drivers that triggered the imbalances that caused specific conditions. Along with this they researched the impact of modern medicines on body processes and their contribution to these imbalances.
And the result? The Clinicians product range of nutritional support. The product range developed includes not only general vitamin and mineral supplements, but also products for specific conditions and now a Works With Medicine range.