BioCeuticals SB Flora Active 120 capsules
Please contact us for pricing. Otherwise, pricing will be emailed to you once order is placed.Uncomfortable symptoms below the belt? SB Floractiv provides symptomatic relief of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea, traveller's diarrhoea and candidiasis (thrush).
Saccharomyces boulardii (SB), a subspecies of S. cerevisiae, is a non-pathogenic biotherapeutic probiotic agent that supports the establishment of friendly bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). In the GIT, SB increases the production of secretory IgA (slgA) and short-chain fatty acids, and the activity of the brush border disaccharide digestive enzymes. It also discourages the growth of harmful micro-organisms and reduces digestive inflammatory mediators. SB can be taken in conjunction with other probiotics and is eliminated from the body when supplementation ceases.
Adults: Take 1-2 capsules once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Children: Give 1/2 - 1 capsule once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Each capsule contains:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae (boulardii) 250mg
*If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
*If diarrhoea persists for more than 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
*Contains lactose (milk sugar).
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
BioCeuticals is Australia’s leading provider of nutritional and therapeutic supplements. Renowned for manufacturing and delivering high quality integrative medicines to healthcare practitioners, BioCeuticals aims to consistently raise the standards of natural-based therapies.
With quality, innovation and integrity as guiding principles, BioCeuticals is at the forefront of ensuring complementary and alternative medicines (CAMs) become an integral part of the Australian allied healthcare industry.
BioCeuticals has a strong commitment to research, functional formulas and reliable practitioner support. Our supplements are recognised by qualified healthcare practitioners as well as patients; a fact that reflects our reputation as a progressive force in integrative health.
An astonishing one in five of the worlds plant species are estimated to be threatened with extinction in the wild, with unsustainable harvesting a major factor in this decline.
The rapid rise in demand for medicinal plants is contributing to the over-harvesting of these species. Unless plants are properly collected and cultivated endangered plant species may ultimately become extinct.
The BioCeuticals Sustainability Policy is based on the conservation work of organisations including:
* CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of wild fauna & flora) - www.cites.org
* TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network - www.traffic.org/medicinal-plants
* United Plant Savers - www.unitedplantsavers.org
* ICUN Red List of Threatened Species - www.icunredlist.org
By following their recommendations, BioCeuticals is committed to ensuring the sustainability of the medicinal plants in our Herbal Range.
BioCeuticals Sustainability Policy
Guidelines on the sustainable cultivation and collection of medicinal plants.
* Any herb classified as threatened by CITES, TRAFFIC, IUCN Red List or United Plant Savers will not be considered for inclusion in any BioCeuticals formulas unless a sustainable source may be accessed.
* If a herb becomes threatened and is an existing BioCeuticals formula, we will either ensure it is sourced from a cultivated source or reformulate the product to include an alternative herb.
* If a herb is considered threatened in a specific country or region, BioCeuticals will not source the herb from that particular area. We will seek an alternative sustainable growing region.