Blackmores Conceive WellTM Gold 28/28
Many New Zealand women have less than optimal nutrition before falling pregnant, so Blackmores Conceive Well Gold supplies key nutrients needed in preparation for conception and pregnancy.
*Specially formulated to be taken for up to six months prior to conception
*Supports normal ovulation and healthy conception
*Provides nutrients required for healthy early stage pregnancy and foetal development
*Contains iodine and tuna oil (a source of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA) to support baby's brain, eyesight, hearing and nerve development
*Provides folic acid, which supports the healthy development of baby’s nervous system when taken pre-conceptually and in the early stages of pregnancy
*Tuna oil is tested for mercury, dioxins, PCBs and heavy metals
Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold supports the female body in preparation for conception and a healthy pregnancy.
*Antioxidants are important for women attempting conception, and support the reproductive tract’s defences against free radicals. In particular, adequate levels of the antioxidant CoQ10 are associated with healthy early stage pregnancy
* Iodine supports a healthy pregnancy. It is required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones, which affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Iodine and thyroid hormones are important for the health of children’s skeletal, muscular and nervous systems, and for your baby’s brain, eyesight and hearing development. If iodine intake has been inadequate it may take up to five months to optimise a woman’s body stores prior to pregnancy
* Omega-3 long chain fatty acids are essential for babies' health. DHA is the predominant long chain fatty acid in breast milk and is also found in tuna oil. It supports the normal healthy functioning of your baby's brain and nerves, and normal eyesight development
* Folic acid plays a role in the production of genetic material (DNA and RNA), and is required for cellular division. Foetal cells undergo constant cell division, so women require increased levels of folate during pregnancy. It is recommended that women take folic acid supplements for at least a month prior to conception, as this nutrient is vital for the development of baby’s nervous system, and it is critical that maternal levels are adequate during the very early stages of pregnancy
* Vitamin C supports hormone production and healthy ovulation. The developing egg needs adequate vitamin C to mature. The ovary contains one of the largest ascorbic acid stores in the body
* Vitamin D3 supports calcium absorption and is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones. Low vitamin D levels are common in women during pregnancy
* Iron is a component of haemoglobin, so it’s essential for the formation of red blood cells and helps maintain energy levels. Early foetal brain development also requires adequate iron. Many New Zealand women don’t obtain the recommended amount of iron from their diets, and this situation may be exacerbated by the increased iron requirements of pregnancy
* Zinc is essential to good health as it is involved in enzymatic reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc are vital for a healthy baby’s normal growth and development
* B vitamins play an essential role in baby's growth
For more information on planning conception visit www.blackmoresnz.co.nz/communities/pregnancy-and-preconception, a one-stop shop providing you with key information when trying to fall pregnant.
Adults - Take 1 capsule and 1 tablet daily with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. Ideally taken up to six months before conception.
Children - Not recommended for children under 15 years.
Active Ingredient Per Tablet
Iodine (as potassium iodide 197 mg) 150 mg
Folic acid 500 mg
Cupric sulphate anhydrous (Copper 1.3 mg) 3.3 mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.5 mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 1.5 mg
Manganese sulphate monohydrate (Manganese 5 mg) 15.4 mg
Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 15mg) 41.6 mg
Nicotinamide 20 mg
Ferrous fumarate (Iron 24 mg) 75.4 mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 50 mg
Magnesium oxide - heavy (Magnesium 200 mg) 350 mg
Ascorbic acid 200 mg
Calcium ascorbate dihydrate (Total vitamin C 500 mg) 363 mg
Selenomethionine (Selenium 65 mg) 161.5 mg
Biotin 100 mg
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 5 mg) 4.6 mg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50 mg
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Fish oil - natural (tuna oil)
containing omega-3 marine triglycerides approx 160 mg as:
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 30 mg 500mg
Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate 147 mg) 200 IU
Ubidecarenone (Coenzyme Q10) 60 mg
(Cholecalciferol 10 mg) 400 IU
Betacarotene (from Dunaliella salina extract equiv. to fresh cell 37.5 mg) 1.5 mg
*This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 mg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
*Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
*Not to be taken if on warfarin therapy without medical advice.
*Consult your healthcare professional before use if suffering from a thyroid condition.
*Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect you should seek specific medical advice.
*Not to be taken with Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, Blackmores I-Folic™, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements.
*Not for the treatment of iron deficiency.
*Always read the label. Use only as directed.
*Recommendation - Have a full medical check-up with your doctor before trying to conceive.
*Contains sodium sulfite.
*Once you fall pregnant we recommend you switch to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, a premium pregnancy formulation containing vitamins, nutrients and essential fatty acids beneficial for both mother and baby.
Blackmores, a leading natural health brand, improves peoples’ lives by delivering the world’s best natural health solutions, to become peoples’ first choice in healthcare. We achieve this by translating our unrivalled heritage and knowledge into innovative, quality branded healthcare solutions that work. Our high quality products, reliable free naturopathic advisory service and award-winning website are among the many reasons Blackmores is the most trusted name in natural health.