Clinicians Selenium Oral Drops (150mcg/3drops)
Selenium Oral Drops Benefits
- Powerful antioxidant to support healthy immune and cardiovascular function and hair, skin and nail health
- Selenium also supports elasticity to help slow chemical ageing
- Selenium also supports liver function, foetal development, and healthy neurotransmitter function
- Contains sodium selenate, a highly bioavailable and absorbable form of selenium. It is an effective antioxidant, especially when combined with vitamin E
- Individuals at risk of selenium deficiency are smokers, regular alcohol consumers and those not getting enough from their diets
- Selenium is also involved in supporting thyroid hormone conversion and helps to produce coenzyme Q10
Selenium Oral Drops Features
- Formulated especially to address selenium deficiency in New Zealand diets. (In New Zealand, farm soils are deficient in selenium)
- High potency selenium in liquid format for enhanced absorption
- Oral drops ensure easy cost effective dosing
- Suitable for most age groups
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
You may also like to take the followings Clinicians supplements alongside Selenium Oral Drops: MultiVitamin and Mineral Boost, Family Vitamin C or Vitamin E (the effect of selenium may be enhanced by antioxidants vitamin C and vitamin E).
Selenium is a trace mineral and is essential for the production of glutathione peroxidase one of the body’s most important antioxidant enzymes. Working as part of this enzyme, Selenium, helps protect delicate intracellular structures by preventing the formation of damaging free radicals. Dietary sources of selenium include Brewer’s yeast and wheat germ, liver, butter, fish and shellfish, garlic, grains, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts are all food sources for naturally occurring selenium. Herbal sources include alfalfa, burdock root, catnip, fennel seed, ginseng, raspberry leaf and yarrow. Clinicians Selenium Oral Drops provides a high-potency source of selenium in liquid format.
Adults: Take 3 drops daily.Do not exceed this dosage
Children (under 12 years): Recommended dose is 3mcg per kg body weight per day, but never to exceed 150mcg per day
Active Ingredients in 1 drops
Selenium (from sodium selenate)
Also contains: purified water, citric acid, sodium citrate and potassium sorbate.
No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours.
Selenium toxicity has only been reported for doses exceeding 1000mcg per day over extended periods of time. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose (150mcg) unless under supervision of a health professional.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Clinicians Selenium Oral Drops is regarded as safe to take during these times under health professional supervision to ensure appropriate dosing.
Clinicians products support rather than compete with modern medicines. As medicines can deplete nutrients in the body, it was important to develop nutritional products that replenish the nutrients lost. Clinicians products, if taken on a regular basis, can also reduce the dependency on modern medicines.
Back in 1997, two pharmacists - Mike Cushman and Denis Kay - came to realise that the current pharmaceutical model was limited. Simply put, it couldn’t provide the total answer to delivering wellness for their customers. Mike and Denis researched general and specific conditions to understand key drivers that triggered the imbalances that caused specific conditions. Along with this they researched the impact of modern medicines on body processes and their contribution to these imbalances.
And the result? The Clinicians product range of nutritional support. The product range developed includes not only general vitamin and mineral supplements, but also products for specific conditions and now a Works With Medicine range.