Stye Away ™
Eye Warming Compress is used to help relieve and soothe most styes and dry eyes. Application of this warm compress for 5-10 minutes 3-6 times a day helps the area to heal faster.
What is a stye:
A stye develops when an oil gland at the edge of an eyelid becomes infected. Resembling a pimple on the eyelid, a stye can grow on the inside or outside of the lid.
Signs and symptoms:
First signs are pain, redness, swelling and tenderness usually near the edge of eyelid. Developing into a small pimple in the affected area.
Styes are caused by a bacteria found on the skin or in the nose and is transferred to the oil glands in the eyelids when rubbing eyes.
Most styes don’t require professional medical care. Hot compresses such as StyeAway™ help to ease soreness by liquefying solid waste products of infection and drawing the pus to a head. Lubricant eye ointments may also help relieve symptoms.
Practicing good lid hygiene is the best way to prevent styes.
1. Inspect compress before use to ensure no damage has occurred to it. Wash the compress before use.
2. Insert the compress into its cover and heat in a microwave oven for 10 seconds.
3. Remove compress from microwave oven, and with cover still on, test its temperature on the back of your hand to determine if the compress is too hot to use. If the compress is too hot, wait a few minutes and test again.
4. Add additional 5-second intervals in the microwave oven until desired temperature is reached. Do not excess 20 seconds in one interval..
5. Once the compress is at the desired temperature, apply the covered compress gently to the eye area for 5-10 minutes.
6. Inspect compress after use to ensure no damage has occurred to it then wash compress before storage.
7. You may rewarm the compress 3-6 times per day, following the above instructions
• Do not use if the compress is too hot to the touch.
• Allow stye to open on its own. Do not squeeze or open.
• Do not puncture. Discontinue use if compress tears or beads leak out.
• Do not wear makeup when using Stye Away ™ Warming Compress.
• If symptoms persist or there is no improvement within 7 days, consult your healthcare professional.